MFUMC WEATHER POLICY
(Approved via Administrative Council, March 2015)
If weather emergencies are declared by a local or state governmental body, the following procedures will be in place:
· Level 1 – Programs run as normal.
· Level 2 – All children and youth programs will be cancelled except Sunday mornings; adult programs will be held at the discretion of the group leadership.
· Level 3 – All programs are cancelled, the church building will be closed.
This applies to all groups utilizing the Church facility except the
Pre-School which will follow the school system’s direction.
· Sunday morning cancellations are to be determined by the Senior Pastor, the Chairperson for the Trustees and the Church Administrator.
· Families are always encouraged to use their own discretion for event participation.
· All cancellations will be posted on the Church website, social media and communicated via e-mail (for special events).
· If a level emergency is lifted within an hour of the said event, cancellation will remain in place.